- How will the tickets be delivered to me?
Currently, we offer you the facility of e-tickets, which will be available in the My Bookings section on Yatra.com. You can login at any time and print your copy, even if you lose one and need another.
- How many days before a travel date can I book a ticket?
Online booking is possible up to 90 days before your planned date of travel. However, one the day booking opens (90 days before scheduled travel), you will not be able to book tickets between 8 AM to 10 AM on Yatra.com. For some special trains this period may be a little less.
- How long before the departure of a train can I make an online booking?
Online booking is possible till the final chart for the train is prepared, this is normally 4 hours before the train's scheduled departure. However, sometimes railways do prepare the chart the night before the train's departure, especially in the case of early morning trains.
- Why can't I book or cancel tickets between 11:30pm to 1:30am?
The railway reservation system opens at 1:30 am every morning, and the facility is available till 11:30pm every night. The system is shut down between 11:30pm to 1:30am every day, which is why online booking or cancellation is not possible.
- What is the maximum group size for which I can book tickets?
Online booking is possible for a maximum of six passengers. For Tatkal booking you can book for a maximum of four passengers. This number includes any children or senior citizens who are traveling together.
- . I am traveling with a group of 8 other people. How can I make a group booking?
Currently, online reservation is possible for a maximum of 6 passengers at a time. However, if you are traveling with a larger group (of say 7 or more), you can divide the group and make multiple bookings.
- What are the different ticket types that I can book online?
Yatra.com offers you the facility to book confirmed as well as RAC and waitlisted tickets online. You can also book tickets under the tatkal quota.
- . The site is showing that seats are available on the train I want to book, but my booking failed. Why?
Sometimes bookings fail because:
- The waitlist quota has been filed and no more seats are available.
- There is a problem with the railway reservation system.
In either case, you can just re-try for the same train or book on another one.
- I was not able to make a successful booking. Can Yatra Customer Service help?
It is likely the booking failed due to a problem with the Indian Railways Reservation System. In such cases, our Customer Service Team will not be able to help you. You will have to try booking a ticket online again or choose another train. However, if the booking failed but the payment was processed, a Yatra Customer Service Representative will help you in processing the refund.
- I was able to make a confirmed booking, but I have not been allotted a berth or coach. Why is that?
As you have a confirmed ticket, you don't need to worry if your ticket doesn't have a seat number. Sometimes, especially in the case of AC First or Executive Class booking, railways do not assign a seat till the final chart is prepared. At that time, you will find out your seat and coach number through the chart.
- Do I need a proof of identity while making a booking?
You do not need to enter any ID proof details while making a booking. However, you must carry a photo identity proof with you when you travel.
- What kind of photo identity proof will I have to carry?
While traveling on an e-ticket, you can show any of the following as a photo identify proof:
- Low cost residential air duct cleaning in Toronto.
Indian Railways Tatkal ticket reservation booking timings ...
Book Online Tatkal Ticket Fast [TRICK]
Trying to book railway tickets online